Elementary Student Council News Letter
Wilson ISD exists to create productive citizens prepared for college, careers, and life by instilling a love of lifelong learning.
Upcoming Activities Sponsored by the Elementary Student Council
- Week of the 7th – Fire Prevention and Safety Week.
- 11th – Presentation for Elementary at 9am to 11am for fire safety and prevention from David Maldonado a Wilson Volunteer Firefighter and some friends from Aerocare.
- Week of the 28th – Red Ribbon Week. Student Council will start selling red pledge ribbons for $0.50 and ask for the persons’ pledge that is buying the ribbon to be drug, tobacco, and alcohol free for that week or time frame that they agree to.
- November 1st - During the pep-rally the chain of red ribbons will be broken for prizes for the Student Council members where the chain breaks and the person who has made the pledge. The more the Student Council member sells the more of a chance that student has of winning a prize.
- Red Ribbon Week Activities
Monday 28th – “Hair’s to a Drug Free Life” – participants wear crazy wigs or crazy hair to school (no dyeing of hair). Elementary STUCO will be selling wigs for $5.
Tuesday 29th – “Stomp Out Drugs” participants wear boots.
Wednesday 30th – “Smarties Don’t Do Drugs” – participants dress as nerds.
Thursday 31st – “Say BOO to Drugs” – Participants wear their Halloween costumes to school (no mask, no scary costumes follow dress code, see note that will be sent on the 28th for school dress code). Elementary STUCO will be selling glow in the dark bracelets 2 for $0.50.
Friday 1st – “Team Up Against Drugs” – participants will wear their Wilson Mustang shirt. Elementary STUCO will be selling Wilson Mustang sport water bottles for $5.
- Any time during the school year we will be selling – Mustang pens and notepads, pencils, hand clappers, and car magnets.
***The closer we come to the listed activities notes will be sent home with more details.***
If you have any questions or suggestions please do not hesitate to call me and get involved! J
Thank you for all that you do and for making difference!
806-628-6261 ext 315
Conference Hours 8am-8:45am Monday-Friday